ASA Career Opportunities
If you are interested in any of AIDS Services of Austin's career opportunities, send a completed agency application & cover letter via mail to Human Resources, AIDS Services of Austin, P.O. Box 4874, Austin, TX 78765; via fax to 512-452-3299; or via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
At a Glance:
mission of AIDS Services of Austin (ASA) is to enhance the health and
well-being of the community and people affected by HIV and AIDS. For more than 25
years, ASA has provided a continuum of services to the greater Central Texas
Position Title: Clinical Director
AIDS Services of Austin (ASA) is seeking a seasoned dentist to join the Jack Sansing Dental Clinic as Clinical Director for its highly recognized dental program, which is dedicated to providing quality, patient-centered dental care in the Central Texas region. The mission of ASA is to enhance the health and well-being of the community and people affected by HIV and AIDS. For over 21 years, the Jack Sansing Dental Clinic has provided complete oral health care to patients regardless of ability to pay.
In concert with the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the Clinical Director will have a unique opportunity to use his or her talents to be an effective patient advocate for proper oral health care in the Austin area.
Short-Term Goals: The full-time Clinical Director (40 hours per week) will have overall responsibility for a five-operatory clinic that will expand into an eight-operatory facility in 2014. With the CPO, this leader will have an integral role in designing service delivery and shaping the key components that make up the expanded oral health program. With the CPO and Patient Services Coordinator, the Clinical Director will prepare current facility to move into larger facility. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Overseeing all aspects of the move and installation of new dental and facility equipment
- Providing clinical oversight of oral health care program
- Overseeing planning, daily operations, quality improvement activities, outcome monitoring, budgeting, and funding for the dental program, as well as all treatment and oral health prevention services utilizing principles of public health dentistry
- Providing supervision to four dentists, three dental assistants, two dental hygienists, and the Patient Services Coordinator, who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinic
- Hiring new dental and ancillary staff for expanded facility
- Serving on the Executive Strategy Team to integrate programs and services to deliver a holistic continuum of care to ensure achievement of the goals in the agency's strategic plan
Long-Term Goals: The Clinical Director will transition to a reduced schedule (30 hours per week) and will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Providing clinical oversight of oral health care program and providing Program Director with evaluative input on clinical staff
- Providing general dentistry for HIV+ patient population
- Approving all referrals for patients to specialty care as indicated
- Ensuring that all dental activities are performed in accordance with applicable licenses as well as regulatory and grant contract requirements
- Performing quality assurance on patient records
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Strong clinical abilities and mentoring capabilities for dental providers
- At least two years of leadership experience
- Ability to develop and express clear vision for the dental department
- Effective and efficient business management skills
- Passion to be the best and impart that passion to colleagues
- Desire to lead advocacy for oral disease prevention
- Licensed to practice dentistry in Texas required
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience required; seven to ten years preferred
- Public health experience preferred
- Sensitivity to and experience with culturally diverse communities required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus
Compensation is competitive based on experience.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. ASA is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit an agency application, cover letter, and resume via mail to AIDS Services of Austin, Attention: Human Resources, P.O. Box 4874, Austin, TX 78765; via fax to 512-452-3299; or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Open until filled