… that you may not know about the Sound of Music!
1) Did you know that during “I have Confidence,” Julie Andrews actually tripped? The director thought it was endearing and left it in.
2) The real Von Trapp family escaped Austria, but not in such a dramatic fashion. They just took a bus to Italy!
3) When Maria and Georg step up the altar, the Bishop marrying them is the actual Bishop of Salzburg! (Someone forgot to call the actor cast but luckily there he was available to stand in.)
4) The young girl playing Gretl didn’t know how to swim. Julie Andrews was supposed to catch her when the boat tipped over, but she accidentally fell the wrong way.
5) Julie Andrews was nearly knocked over by the force of the helicopter while filming the opening sequence.
Join us May 31, for the Sound of Music sing-a-long. All proceeds from VIP ticket sales go directly to helping people affected by HIV and AIDS in Central Texas. The VIP package includes primo seating in the center of theater, a pre-party with drinks and snacks, and free parking. Hosted by Rebecca Havemeyer. Get your tickets now!